28 May 2011

A Cairo that I don't know, yet.


I am coming home.
In five days, I will be home.
Cairo, Egypt.
Everytime I think about going back home, I see photos of Tahrir, it was my last memory of Cairo before leaving, just one day after Mubarak left.
It scares me that it doesn't look like that anymore. It scares me that it doesn't look like anything I know anymore.
It's not the Cairo I grew up in, it's not the Cairo of the revolution. It's a new Cairo. A Cairo that I don't know as well as I wish. A Cairo that I don't know, yet.
I am scared and excited to meet her, this new Cairo. To see if she treats me like an old friend or a new alien. To see how she sees me now, with her newly bought glasses.


Photos above were taken on Friday, 11th of February, 2011 at Tahrir Square.
My last solid memory of Cairo.

No comments:

Post a Comment